Skip to content
New York Institute of Technology GPA Calculator
About the University
- New York Institute of Technology (NYIT) is a private, non-profit research university located in New York City.
- The university was founded in 1955 and offers over 90 degree programs.
- The institution has two main campuses in New York - one in Old Westbury and another in Manhattan.
- NYIT also has campuses in several other locations including Abu Dhabi, Vancouver, and China.
- The university has a diverse student population and promotes global awareness and cultural exchange among students.
- NYIT has a strong focus on technology and innovation and offers several programs in areas such as engineering, computer science, and digital arts.
- The university has partnerships with several leading technology companies and offers opportunities for students to engage in research and internship programs.
Grading and GPA System
- NYIT uses a traditional 4.0 grading scale to evaluate student performance.
- Students are graded on a letter scale with A being the highest and F being the lowest.
- Grades of A, B, C, and D are considered passing grades while a grade of F is considered a failing grade.
- The university also uses a plus/minus grading system, with grades ranging from A+ to F.
- NYIT calculates GPA (Grade Point Average) on a 4.0 scale. An A is worth 4.0 points, a B is worth 3.0 points, and so on.
- Students must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0 to remain in good academic standing with the university.
- The university also offers academic support services including tutoring and academic advising to help students succeed academically.
- New York Institute of Technology is a leading research university with a strong focus on technology and innovation.
- The university offers a diverse range of degree programs, global opportunities, and academic support services to help students succeed.
- NYIT is committed to providing a high-quality education and preparing students for success in their careers and in their lives.