About Walla Walla University
Walla Walla University is a private Seventh-day Adventist university located in College Place, Washington. It was founded in 1892 and is affiliated with the Seventh-day Adventist Church. The university has several campuses in the Pacific Northwest, with the main campus situated in College Place, Washington.
- The university has a diverse student population of approximately 1,800 undergraduate and graduate students.
- Walla Walla University offers more than 100 areas of academic program options for students to choose from
- The university is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities, the Accrediting Association of Seventh-day Adventist Schools, Colleges, and Universities, and the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs.
- The student-to-faculty ratio at Walla Walla University is 12:1, ensuring that students receive personalized attention.
Grading and GPA System
Walla Walla University follows a traditional grading system, which ranges from A to F.
- An A grade represents excellent work, indicating mastery of the subject matter.
- A B grade represents good work, indicating a solid understanding of the subject matter.
- A C represents average work, indicating an adequate understanding of the subject matter.
- A D represents poor work, indicating a marginal understanding of the subject matter.
- An F represents failing work, indicating a lack of understanding of the subject matter.
The university uses a 4.0 grading scale, which means that an A is worth 4.0 points, a B is worth 3.0 points, and so on. In addition to letter grades, Walla Walla University also uses a GPA system to measure a student's academic performance. The GPA is calculated by multiplying the value of each letter grade by the number of credits for each course and then dividing the total by the number of credits attempted. The maximum GPA is 4.0.
Walla Walla University is a top-ranked university that provides students with excellent academic programs, a supportive community, and a commitment to the Seventh-day Adventist faith. The university's rigorous grading and GPA system ensures that students receive a high-quality education and are well-prepared for their future careers. Whether you are interested in pursuing a degree in the arts, sciences, or humanities, Walla Walla University is an excellent choice for your higher education needs.