About Meredith College
Located in Raleigh, North Carolina, Meredith College is a private women's college offering undergraduate degree programs in over 80 majors and concentrations, as well as graduate programs in business, education, and nutrition.
Highlights of Meredith College include:
- Ranked #2 for Best Regional Colleges in the South by U.S. News & World Report
- Strong focus on leadership development and community engagement
- Over 80 student clubs and organizations, including Greek life
- Small class sizes with an average student-to-faculty ratio of 10:1
- Opportunities for undergraduate research and internships in various fields
Grading and GPA System
Meredith College uses a traditional letter grading system, with an A representing excellent work and an F indicating failure. Additionally, some classes may offer a pass-fail option.
- A: 93-100
- B: 85-92
- C: 77-84
- D: 70-76
- F: Below 70
Meredith College uses a 4-point GPA scale, with A=4 points, B=3 points, C=2 points, D=1 point, and F=0 points. To calculate a student's GPA, multiply each earned grade by its point value, add up the total, and divide by the number of courses taken.
In summary, Meredith College offers a highly ranked and well-respected education for women, with ample opportunities for leadership and community involvement. The college utilizes a traditional letter grading system and a 4-point GPA scale to evaluate student performance. Aspiring students looking for a supportive and challenging academic environment may find that Meredith College meets their needs.