About Lake Superior College
Lake Superior College (LSC) is a public community college located in Duluth, Minnesota. The college was founded in 1995 and has since expanded to include two campuses in Duluth and a center in nearby Cloquet.
LSC offers a variety of programs for students seeking two-year degrees, technical certificates, and career training. The college is also home to several outreach programs designed to support students who may not have thought that college was an option for them.
Some key facts about LSC include:
- LSC has over 90 degree and certificate programs available
- The college serves over 10,000 students annually
- LSC has a 16:1 student-to-faculty ratio, ensuring personalized attention for students
Grading and GPA System
LSC uses a traditional grading system, with letter grades ranging from A to F. Students earn grade point values for each letter grade they receive, which are used to calculate their grade point average (GPA).
Other important information related to grading and the GPA system at LSC includes:
- Students must earn a grade of C or better in order for a course to count towards their degree or certificate program
- LSC offers opportunities for students to repeat courses in which they received a low grade, but credits and grades earned in the initial attempt will still appear on the student's transcript
- The college also has an academic warning and probation system in place to support students who are struggling academically and ensure they have access to the resources they need
Lake Superior College is a dynamic and supportive institution that provides students with a wide range of academic and career opportunities. With its commitment to personalized attention and academic support, LSC is an excellent choice for students who are looking to start or continue their educational journey.