About Indiana University of Pennsylvania
Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP) is a public research university located in Indiana, Pennsylvania. Originally founded in 1875 as Indiana Normal School, IUP is now one of the largest universities in the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education.
- IUP offers over 145 undergraduate and graduate programs of study across eleven colleges and schools.
- The university has a diverse student population of over 10,000 students from all around the world.
- IUP's campus spans over 354 acres and includes over fifty academic buildings, residence halls, recreational facilities, and athletic fields.
- The university has a strong commitment to community service and engagement, with numerous opportunities for students to get involved in community outreach and service-learning programs.
- IUP has been recognized by various national publications for its academic programs, affordability, and student outcomes.
Grading and GPA System
IUP uses a 4.0 grading scale, with letter grades and corresponding grade point values as follows:
- A: 4.00
- A-: 3.67
- B+: 3.33
- B: 3.00
- B-: 2.67
- C+: 2.33
- C: 2.00
- C-: 1.67
- D+: 1.33
- D: 1.00
- F: 0.00
The cumulative grade point average (GPA) is calculated by dividing the total number of grade points earned by the total number of credits attempted.
IUP also provides students with the option of choosing a pass/fail grading system for certain courses, allowing them to earn credit for a course without affecting their GPA.
Indiana University of Pennsylvania is a reputable public research university that offers a wide range of academic programs to its diverse student population. With a strong commitment to community service and engagement, IUP provides students with numerous opportunities to get involved and give back to the community. The university's grading and GPA system follows a standard 4.0 scale and also offers a pass/fail grading option for select courses. Overall, IUP provides an excellent educational experience for students seeking to pursue higher education in a dynamic and supportive environment.