About Centre College
Located in Danville, Kentucky, Centre College is a private liberal arts college with an enrollment of approximately 1,400 students. Centre is consistently ranked among the top 50 liberal arts colleges in the United States by publications such as U.S. News & World Report and Forbes.
- The college was founded in 1819 by Presbyterian ministers and has a strong connection to the Presbyterian Church.
- The campus is located on 152 acres and features Georgian-style architecture and a variety of outdoor spaces, including a lake and wooded areas.
- The student body is diverse, with students from 45 states and 36 countries.
- Centre College is known for its strong academic programs, including a highly regarded study abroad program and a high percentage of students who go on to graduate school.
- The college also boasts an impressive array of athletic programs, with 23 NCAA Division III teams, including football, basketball, soccer, and track and field.
Grading and GPA System
Centre College uses a traditional letter grading system, with grades ranging from A to F. The college also uses a 4.0 GPA scale, with A's worth 4 points, B's worth 3 points, C's worth 2 points, D's worth 1 point, and F's worth 0 points.
- To be in good standing at Centre College, students must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0.
- The college also has a robust academic support program, including peer tutors and writing consultants, to help students succeed academically.
- Centre College is known for its rigorous academic standards, and students are challenged to think critically, communicate effectively, and engage in meaningful inquiry.
Centre College is a highly respected liberal arts college with a strong academic program and a commitment to student success. With its beautiful campus, strong athletic programs, and diverse student body, Centre College is an excellent choice for students who are looking for a challenging, supportive, and engaging academic environment.