About Central Michigan University
Central Michigan University (CMU) is a public research university located in Mount Pleasant, Michigan, United States. It was founded in 1892 and is one of the state's largest universities. CMU is a member of the Mid-American Conference (MAC) in Division I of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
Key Facts and Figures
- Over 20,000 undergraduate and graduate students
- Over 300 academic programs
- Approximately 1,100 faculty members
- More than 200,000 alumni worldwide
Academic Colleges and Schools
Central Michigan University is divided into colleges and schools that offer a wide range of degrees and programs. They include:
- College of Business Administration
- College of Communication and Fine Arts
- College of Education and Human Services
- College of Health Professions
- College of Liberal Arts and Social Sciences
- College of Science and Engineering
- The Herbert H. and Grace A. Dow College of Health Professions
- The Graduate School
- The School of Accounting
Grading and GPA System
Central Michigan University uses a four-point grading scale, with letter grades ranging from A to F. The grade of A represents excellent work, while F represents failing. In addition to regular grades, CMU also uses the following grades:
- I (Incomplete): Given to a student who has not completed all of the required coursework, but has successfully completed the majority of the work.
- S (Satisfactory): Given to a student who has successfully completed a course designated as Pass/Fail or Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory.
- U (Unsatisfactory): Given to a student who has not successfully completed a course designated as Pass/Fail or Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory.
- W (Withdrawal): Given to a student who has officially withdrawn from a course after the drop/add period has ended.
CMU calculates student GPAs using a 4.0 scale. A student's GPA is determined by dividing the total number of grade points earned by the total number of credit hours attempted. The following table shows the letter grades and corresponding grade point values:
|Grade Point Value
Central Michigan University offers a wide range of academic programs and opportunities for students to succeed in their career paths. With its diverse student population and strong faculty, CMU is a great choice for students who are looking for a challenging and rewarding college experience.