About Cameron University
Cameron University is a public university that was established in 1908 and is located in Lawton, Oklahoma. It is a member of the Oklahoma State System of Higher Education and is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.
Here are some key aspects of the university:
- Offers over 50 undergraduate and graduate degree programs
- Small class sizes allow for personalized attention from faculty
- Extensive range of extracurricular activities available to students
- Strong military presence due to Fort Sill being located nearby
- Students come from diverse backgrounds - both nationally and internationally
Grading and GPA System
Cameron University uses a standard grading system to assess student performance. The letter grading system is used for all courses except pass/no pass courses. Here is the grading scale and its corresponding quality points:
- A = 4.0 quality points
- B = 3.0 quality points
- C = 2.0 quality points
- D = 1.0 quality point
- F = 0.0 quality points
To calculate a student’s GPA, each letter grade is multiplied by the credit hours of the course and then added up. The total quality points are divided by the total number of credit hours attempted.
A few key things to note about the grading and GPA system at Cameron University:
- Students must maintain a minimum GPA of 2.0 to remain in good standing
- A 4.0 GPA represents a perfect average of all grades earned
- Students may retake courses to improve their GPA, but only the most recent grade earned will be used in GPA calculations
- Pass/no pass courses do not affect GPA
Cameron University offers a diverse range of degree programs, small class sizes, and extensive extracurricular activities. With a strong military presence due to its location in Lawton, the university welcomes students from all backgrounds. The standard grading and GPA system allows for fair and accurate assessment of student performance. Students can strive for academic excellence and maintain their good standing at the university by maintaining a minimum GPA of 2.0.