About Bard College
Bard College is a highly regarded private liberal arts college located in Annandale-on-Hudson, New York. Established in 1860, the college is known for its innovative academic programs and strong commitment to the arts. Bard College has a beautiful campus spread over 1,000 acres in New York's Hudson Valley and is home to around 2,000 undergraduate and graduate students.
Some of the key features of Bard College include:
- An emphasis on small classes and individual attention
- A multidisciplinary approach to education
- An innovative curriculum that combines traditional liberal arts subjects with courses in science and technology, the arts, and social sciences
- A strong commitment to civic engagement and environmental sustainability
- Opportunities for study abroad, internships, and research projects
- A vibrant campus community with a diverse student body and a variety of clubs and organizations
Grading and GPA System
Bard College uses a letter grading system to evaluate student performance in coursework. Grades range from A to F, with A being the highest and F indicating failure. In addition to letter grades, students receive quality points for each course, which are used to calculate their grade point average (GPA).
The GPA is calculated by dividing the total number of quality points earned by the number of credit hours attempted. The minimum GPA required to graduate from Bard College is 2.0. However, many graduate programs and employers may require a higher GPA for admission or employment.
Bard College is a unique and highly respected institution that offers students a challenging and rewarding education in a beautiful and stimulating environment. With its innovative academic programs, commitment to the arts, and strong emphasis on civic engagement and sustainability, Bard College is an ideal choice for students who want to make a positive impact on the world.