About the University
Baker College is a private, non-profit career college founded in 1911. It is based in Flint, Michigan, and has multiple campuses throughout the state, as well as an online campus. Baker College offers over 150 certificate, associate, bachelor's, and graduate degree programs in a variety of fields, including health sciences, business, education, engineering, and technology.
- Baker College was originally founded as Baker Business University, catering to business students.
- In addition to traditional campus-based programs, Baker College also offers online distance learning programs for students in need of flexible scheduling.
- The college is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, demonstrating that it meets high standards of quality in education.
Grading and GPA System
Baker College operates on a traditional semester calendar, with fall, winter, and summer terms.
- Grades are based on a 4.0 scale, with A grades representing a 4.0 GPA and F grades representing a 0.0 GPA.
- Baker College also offers a plus/minus system, in which grades can include a plus or minus modifier (e.g., B+ or C-).
- Students may have the option to retake courses in which they received a lower grade for a chance to improve their GPA.
Baker College is a well-respected institution that offers students a wide variety of educational opportunities in numerous fields of study. With its commitment to quality education and the flexibility of online programs, Baker College is a great choice for students seeking to further their education and career aspirations.