About Adelphi University
Adelphi University is a private university located in Garden City, New York. The university was founded in 1896 and has since grown to become a nationally recognized institution of higher education.
- Adelphi University offers over 60 undergraduate and graduate programs across eight schools and colleges.
- Adelphi is classified as a "Doctoral University: Moderate Research Activity" by the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education.
- Adelphi University's faculty of 547 individuals includes Fulbright Scholars, National Science Foundation Fellows, and numerous award-winning authors.
Grading and GPA System
- The grading system at Adelphi University ranges from A to F.
- The minimum passing grade is a D minus, although individual courses may require a higher grade for credit.
- Adelphi University calculates Grade Point Average (GPA) on a 4.0 scale, with a 2.0 minimum required to remain in good academic standing.
- Students who wish to remain eligible for scholarships, fellowships, or financial aid must maintain a 3.0 GPA.
Adelphi University is a diverse and vibrant institution of higher education that offers top-notch academics and a strong sense of community. From cutting-edge faculty research to experiential learning opportunities and a commitment to student success, Adelphi has something to offer every type of student.